Thursday 10 March 2016

First Meeting

I was anxious at first to be around a new group of people but after the introduction I felt as though these people were going to teach me about a subject I'm interested in: YOUTH

After signing up to the programme I still didn't know fully what the African diaspora was, so I did som research...

It actually refers to black communities

This is something I have had a great deal of interest in since I was young, coming from Nottingham - a lot of our youth clubs focus on the engagement of young black people and try to encourage a positive outcome, this is so that they feel they have a sense of achievement

In the meeting we were asked a question (not sure of the details fully) but I'm pretty sure it was to do with the importance of working with the African diaspora and if they feel a sense of pride and ownership within the work that is done

I think this is a very important subject as ethnic minorities aren't applauded enough for their contribution to society and the many positive things that have come from a lot of people within these communities

No comments:

Post a Comment